I walked into school this morning with a sense of dread. I realized on my drive to school that interim grades were due by 2 p.m. Super.
Scampering through the day to get everything in the grade book, I spent most of my time cleaning up loose ends on assessments, and leaving virtual comments in the online grade book like “Good Worker” and “Not Working to Potential” and my favorite this marking period, “Seems Interested” which has many different connotations. Are they doing pretty well, but not “Good Worker” status? Seems Interested. Are they in class and kind of working, but not so poorly as they need the “Not Working to Potential” comment? Seems Interested. Are they as tired as I am dealing with the random Ohio winter and are ready to move on to spring and some sunshine? Seems Interested. It just works.
Imagine my excitement when I finally had the chance to jump onto WordPress and find that the amazing and wonderful Jonesin’ After 40 nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! Yippee! Does this mean that I am a “Good Worker”? I hope so! I can’t even begin to say how excited I am by this. The song Here Comes the Sun comes flooding into my mind. Forget the cloudy Ohio winter, this is the sunshine for my day!
But wait, there’s more! There are rules to this award. They can be found at the Versatile Blogger Award blog. One of the rules is to list seven things about myself. Oh, the pressure! I don’t know seven things about myself. Oh well, here goes me trying to be funny/quirky/silly/humble/giddy/etc./etc.:
1. I do not cook or have a green thumb. Many times I sing “Green Acres” and insert that “New York is where I’d rather stay. I get allergic smelling hay!” Which is true. I am allergic to hay and basically almost all trees and grasses. Without allergy shots, I am like the Bubble Boy from Seinfeld. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 😉
2. I love that leggings are back in style. Why they ever left and were replaced by low-rise jeans and mid-drift shirts, I’ll never know or understand. Strange.
3. I am a bit of a wino and a chocoholic. I love red wine – especially Pinot Noir. I love chocolate – especially Dove milk chocolate. So, come and join me sometime!
4. I originally wanted to be a stand-up comedian and get a role on SNL. My dad told me he wouldn’t pay for college for me if that was my career choice. I then chose to get a BS in PR because that is funny, too. Now I am a high school Language Arts teacher (aka English teacher) and this is even funnier than the BS in PR. I still dream of being on SNL…sigh. And the BS is actually a BA, which I told my dad meant Bad Ass. Yes indeed. He is so proud.
5. I have lived in many different states, so my variety of random accents pop out and freak people out at different times. States include: Louisiana, Texas, Missouri, New Jersey, Ohio and Alabama. All of these were before I was 21. Some say my accent reminds them of New Jersey and New Orleans combined and that makes me smile. Many can’t peg exactly where I live or where I am from, and that makes me smile, too. Always keep ’em guessing. Yes indeed.
6. I have a secret love for any movies about superheroes. I cried at Spider-man 2 and 3. I waited in line to see Batman take on Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy. I long to meet the director of the Transformer movies. I took my family’s picture with The Incredibles. I miss the best Superman ever, Christopher Reeve. I would leave my husband/life for Superman, Spidey or Batman (but only for the two short hours of the movie!)
7. I am not domestic, wore a hideous pink coat in junior high, love Shakespeare, have been compared to Tigger, may procrastinate (I call this deadline-driven), use emoticons too often, and I have been known to sing on occasion (daily). (All of the hot links here click to those blog posts because my mom always says that I don’t “sell myself” enough. I think that can be taken in the wrong direction, but whatever. Lol.)
That sums me up in a nutshell. The rules go on to state that I need to nominate bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Awards. There are some great blogs I read, and many of those have already received this award including my very own bestie, brainvomit40. I also have a bestie whose blog is private – so a shout out to Peanut! A a super big shout out to the blogs that I follow who have already been given the Versatile Blogger Award. You all inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.
And the new winners of the Versatile Blogger Award, passed on by me in no particular order, are:
1. Tales From the Motherland: This is a versatile blogger! Excellent posts. Click, read and enjoy!
2. Suzanne Gipson photo blog: This is my sister-in-law’s photography blog and she is an amazing photographer. I wish I had half the talent she has!
3. Meanderings of a Restless Mind: Hilarious! My fav is the post entitled “Hey Benjamin Button, Help Me Age Backwards!” A must read!
4. 2012: 365 Days a Year: My favorite post of Amy’s is her what not to wear post. It brings memories of some bad clothing choices I may have made. May, not did, may have.
5. Listen to the sun rise: Anyone who has their tagline as a quote from Winnie the Pooh is awesome in my book.
6. Caution: Man at Desk: From hilarious cartoons to short stories, this is the coolest guy around.
7. Theycallmejane’s blog: We are both addicted to Pinterest, have children who waited until the very last minute to make Valentine’s Day boxes, and are concerned about Big Brother.
8. tales of a charm city chick: Fun and fabulous are the two words I would use to describe this blog. A neat Baltimore chick! 🙂
9. The Domestic Fringe: We both share the same craft ability, and the ability to laugh at ourselves!
10. Candice McMath: An Artist’s World: This is my friend Candice and she uses her iPad to create art. It is unreal what she creates with her iPad and her imagination.
11. My Mom Adventures in Fort Collins: A blog I found recently, and once I read her Fat Tuesday post, I was hooked!
12. mad: crazy. beautiful. life.: The title says it all.
13. Fresh Scratch: OK, I don’t cook, but if any blog could move me toward baking, this would be the one. I drool as I read this. Yummy!
14. heatherlgraham: I just found this great blog today and it is an instant fav!
Whew! I made it! Thanks again, Jonesin’ After 40, for making my day! Soon, I will be posting a blogroll with all of my ultimate favorites. Stay tuned…