String Bean came home yesterday and informed me about a new game they play at recess called Shark Attack Tag.
Shark Tag is similar to the game of tag, but apparently there are rules pertaining to sharks. I asked him if biting was one of the rules, and he said no. I asked him if they had to run around miming a shark fin on their heads, and he said no. I asked him if they hummed the music to Jaws while running, and he said no. I asked him what is the big deal about Shark Tag, and he said you can tag lots of people to be “it” with you. Oh.
I had a vision of many kids on the playground singing Jimmy Buffet “Fins to the left, fins to the right,” gleefully tagging other kids to join in song. I must stop watching Glee.
The subject of Shark Tag was ironic also in the fact that Laughing at Everyday Life tagged me in a tag-your-it post.
Not unlike Shark Tag, there are specific rules (none involving any Jimmy Buffet tunes, though. Bummer).
- The rules have to be posted
- Answer the questions the tagger posted for you
- Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
- Tag eleven people with a link to your post
- Give them a heads up that you tagged them
1. Who is the one person you can 100% guarantee will make you laugh when you need it? I would have to say my little dude, Squishy. He is seven and full of funny saying, facial expressions and voices.
2. What is something that your friends and family laugh at that you do? They laugh at me. Seriously. No, just kidding. They laugh at my stories and impressions of other people. Sometimes they laugh when I switch accents from Ohio to New Jersey to New Orleans. This can happen when I am really into telling a story and mostly by accident.
3. Pajamas in public – are you for them or against them? I would say I am not a fan of real pajamas in public, although I do have some black pj pants that don’t look like pj pants I wear sometimes. My bffs in my wolf pack all have a pair of these and we try and wear them on the same day as if we are still teenagers with braces on. 4. Blackberry, Android, iPhone or some cheap little phone that does nothing but let you talk and maybe text on it? I am a Mac person, so I broke down in September and got an iPhone. I have never looked back. My Crackberry was fritzy and always needed attention. The iPhone has been a dream.
5. What is the one thing if someone took away from you that you would throw a 2 year old temper tantrum on the floor crying fit over? I would throw an ultimate tantrum if someone took away my Kindle. I love reading, and I would be lost without it. Plus, it saves my place. I have been known to have a temper tantrum when someone removed my bookmark. 😉
6. When was the last time you had a giggling fit? And do you remember why? I had a giggling fit at school last week. Sometimes teenagers are very surprising, and I have quite a group in my last period of the day Public Speaking class. They have a great way of making me laugh (and also getting me completely off topic).
7. Have you ever worn socks with little toes in them? I remember getting a pair of those from my grandmother many moons ago. I think I put them on once and they found their way to the hamper and then to the bottom of my sock drawer never to be heard from again.
8. Do you have any animals? If so, what species are they and why did you name them what you did? I have a cat named CC, because she is a calico cat. I didn’t name her, my mom did. I have a golden retriever named Luciana Juliet, but we call her Lucy or Lucifer if she is bad. I have a Havanese puppy named Maisy Rosalind. We really like Shakespeare names for our pets, mainly because both The Captain and I are English teachers. I used to have a golden retriever named Romeo, or Romy for short, but he passed away two years ago.
9. Have you ever accidentally / on purpose / will never admit it – tripped your kid? I have accidentally tripped both of them, but usually I am the one who gets tripped either by the kids or the dogs. Funny how that works out. It seems as if our golden knows exactly where to plant herself to ensure I will trip straight over her.
10. If your high school would have seen how you turned out, what would they have put in your year book? What title would you have? Hmmm. That is tough. I got the Biggest Flirt and Best Dressed awards in my senior class. I told them I should have received the Goofiest or Silliest award. Maybe they would see that holds true more than those other silly awards.
11. Would you have preferred serious questions or goofy ones like these? (even though your vote is too late) Goofy is good. See my #10. 🙂
Now, according to said rules, I must make up 11 questions and tag some awesome blogs.
But, I am adding something to the rules – I am passing on the Good Apple Award to these folks, too. You are all good apples in my book. 🙂 Here are my questions for you and the jpg to put on your blog (right click and save the image to your desktop):
1. If you could be any literary character for a day, who would you choose and why?
2. If time travel was possible, where would you like to visit?
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
4. Do you have a nickname now or from childhood? How did you get it?
5. What is your favorite book of all time?
6. If you had the power, what is one change you would make in this world?
7. Would you prefer jelly beans, Cadbury cream eggs or Reese’s eggs? Why?
8. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
9. Describe yourself in three adjectives.
10. Do you prefer Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games or Lord of the Rings? Why?
11. What is your favorite musical and why?
Whew. That was tough. Here are the lucky ones who are in my school of fish, I mean, tag – you’re it! And you get an award, too!
- All Write
- Tales from the Motherland
- A Rich, Full Life in Spite of It
- The Write Transition
- A Gripping Life
- Six Ring Circus
- How the Cookie Crumbles
- Tales of a Charm City Chick
- theycallmejane’s blog
- Memoirs of an Evil Stepmom
- The Domestic Fringe
- That’s Just Ridiculous by Curly Carly
I would also like to pass this award to Jonesin’ After 40 who is amazing, but very busy right now, and to Laughing at Everyday Life who tagged me and made up all the questions for me to answer above! 🙂
Guess what? Shark Tag commences!